Monday, March 13, 2006

Spinning In The Rain

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to get outside and ride today. Nevermind the fact that it was still raining with wind gusts of 15-20 mph.

With the temperature so mild today, I couldn't resist a little spin, even if the pavement was completely soaked by periodic downpours. I rode for an hour in the parks, along my usual route. Along the way I saw the usual park crew, as in Glenn and Brad from the PJ team---at least I wasn't the only guy crazy enough to brave the rain and wind. I got back home drenched completely.

On a side note, it's amazing how strong my legs feel when the temperature gets above 65 degrees. Compared to colder weather, it's like night and day. I just wish this weather funk we've been in since the beginning of February would finally change for the better.

Now I have to go drain the bike.