Monday, January 23, 2006

Welcome To The Team

Over the past four days, I have experienced some of the best riding of my life, and some of the worst riding. I have experienced scenery more beautiful than my wildest dreams, and faced climbs I've never seen even in my worst nightmares. In four days, I've ridden 210 miles over some of the hilliest terrain in this part of the country. Grades I've never before encountered---some more than 18%---I've ascended with pain and ferocity, and success. I've flown down winding roads at speeds I've never before reached on a bicycle, and lived to tell about it.

And, best of all, I joined a racing team I couldn't be more proud to be a part of.

Thanks to my new team for an amazing weekend. I can't wait to put on that kit and race my ass off this season. Long live the Mayor of Pine Ridge.