Sunday, February 25, 2007

Testing The Legs

I did as expected in the team's time trial test today as we prepare for the race season. I finished back in the pack with an adequate 19:02 for a hilly, windy 6-mile course. The best score for the men at this point is 17:35. Considering my training has been relatively reserved so far as I slowly build up to my big targets in the late spring and early summer, I'm not doing too shabby.

The entire team ride today (including time trial) was a very-cold 50 miles. The temperature, predicted to reach the 50s, barely cracked the 40s and the wind never died down. The legs were in bad shape by the end, but that's what I get for actually putting some effort into the TT.

All in all not a bad day on the bike. I guess I better go clean it now, since I can barely see the chain and the cables are all caked in dirt and road salt. Mmmmm...tasty.