Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Finally

It's finally time for me to start racing this season. Saturday is the Clark State Forest Circuit Race, a super-fun yet super-dangerous loop through a surreal wooded area north of Louisville. Last year I felt absolutely superb during the first half of the race but eventually crashed out when a guy in front of me went sideways. A full flip over the bars and into a pile of leaves to the side of the road was the end for me.

I'm looking forward to finally turning the pedals in anger, but with this being my first race, my goals are merely to build my fitness and help my teammates to the best of my ability. The rest of the races in the Kentuckiana Spring Training Series are tailor-made for our teammate Sean, who currently leads the Cat. 3/4 points standings, so I'm sure our efforts will be directed toward securing more victories for him.

In the end, as long as I keep the rubber side down and finish the race with the pack, I'll be happy. If the team pulls off another win, I'll be ecstatic.