Thursday, July 14, 2005

Too Much Information?

Just in case you were wondering, my butt was pretty tender on my three-hour training ride today. I covered the usual 55+ miles or so but instead of feeling comfortable like always, my rear was a bit sore---no matter how much I shifted around on my chamois, I couldn't quite find a soft spot.

Perhaps it's due to my long trainer session on Tuesday while stuck inside avoiding the deluge of Once-Hurricane Dennis. I decided to wear an older pair of Pearl Izumi shorts I had lying around, with padding that has seen better days. By the end of the trainer ride my "seat" was on fire.

I wish I could take a few days off and let my bum get some rest, but there's no way that's going to happen---especially since I'm still an hour behind on my riding this week because of the rain and a dentist appointment yesterday. I'll just have to suffer through it like the champion that I am.

You really needed to know all of that.