Thursday, September 08, 2005

Weight Weenies

At the very end of this post, the Honorable Fat Cyclist can't believe that he weighs a whole pound-and-a-half less than he did the day before.

I don't know about anyone else, but my weight fluctuates wildly throughout the course of a normal day (and week!). When I wake up in the morning, I'm generally at my second-lowest weight of the day, somewhere around 155 (give or take a pound). Then, after the day's training ride, I reach my lowest weight of the day, a whopping 152 or 153. The rest of the day I spend eating carbohydrates and protein, in an effort to NOT look like a white Kenyan marathon runner. After I get home from work, just before I go to bed at 6:00 AM, my weight has increased to 158 or so. By the time I wake up at around 1:00 PM, I'm once again at 155. I consider 155 to be "my weight".

In the course of 24 hours, every single day of the year, my weight has a range of 6 to 7 pounds. Is this abnormal? It seems to work pretty well for me.

Hang in there, Mr. Fat, and learn to trust your scale again.