Thursday, April 20, 2006

Rain Break

After several days of great training, the rain has come again and forced me to take a break. Well, that and my legs were really stiff this morning when I woke up. I'll be doing trainer intervals tomorrow (it's going to rain again) and then a short ride with the team on Saturday in preparation for Sunday's race up in Indiana. So today I'm resting.

I'm really satisfied with my condition at this point in the season, and I've still got some time to train even harder for a couple of big events later in the summer. So far so good.

Hopefully my tactical sense will improve along with my legs, and I'll stop getting stuck in lousy spots during races. It's frustrating when you have the strength to really get a good result in a race, but suffer from a lack of experience and a lack of good luck. The only real solution is to keep racing and keep learning. Things will work out---and I've got a lot of good years ahead of me.