Thursday, July 27, 2006

Well Crap

I'd love to be able to say this is a total and complete shock, but seriously, we're talking about pro cycling. Need to win a stage of the Tour? Well, just shoot up!



Floyd Landis failed a test for high testosterone levels just after his amazing win in Stage 17, and now he awaits results of the "B" sample to confirm.

Great. Super. Awesome. Swell.

Just what we all needed after the bullshit of the Operation Puerto case. Looks like Landis may get a longer recovery period than he expected after his hip operation. Or perhaps his "hip problem" was just a pre-emptive cover story to use if he ultimately got busted for shooting T'. That would figure...

EDIT: And I would just like to accept the dubious honor of having predicted this whole sorry affair. In my post on Thursday, July 20th, I wrote:


All I have to say is how does a man who completely cracks in the mountains one day come back to win by six minutes the very next? With all the drug scandals and rumors floating around, I just wonder if Landis really should have been so bold today. I guess it just doesn't matter if you're racing for the maillot jaune.

So I've got that going for me. Wonderful.