Friday, August 11, 2006

Overload

Since the end of the Tour de France and the subsequent Floyd Landis ClusterF-ck™, I've posted hardly anything about the pro racing scene. To be honest, I've only barely been following the European peloton. I'm pretty tired of reading about all the stupid doping drama: the accusations, the suspensions, the denials, the counter-accusations...

I just wish everybody would get on their bikes and ride, and quit screwing around. European pro cycling is in major trouble these days. I'm afraid I'm starting to lose interest as the stupidity continues. Until I see a major change of direction on the part of the riders, the organizers, the sponsors and the team managers, all I'm going to do is get frustrated by scandals and screw-ups.

I will say this, though: congrats to my boy Jens Voigt for winning the Tour of Germany. Now I just hope he passes the drug tests...