Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Weight Update

So the other day I was complaining about my ever-falling weight. That day I had dropped to my lowest point since I was a pimply high school kid---152. Since then the weight has stabilized for the most part at a healthy 154. Two pounds may not seem like a lot, but when you are nearly six feet tall the difference between 150 and 160 (and the small increments in between) is very significant.

On a related note, the black baseball hat I used to wear all the time in the winter doesn't quite fit anymore. It's a fitted hat, but fitted for a head with a couple extra pounds in it. Not realizing this, I wore the hat the other night while hanging with friends. Apparently the now-too-big hat made me look skinnier than I already am, because someone made a comment about me looking extremely thin. Naturally, jokes about "Emaciated Joe" were soon to follow.

Maybe the pizza and Little Debbie oatmeal cream pie I had last night will keep me from wasting away like Christian Bale in The Machinist.