Friday, August 12, 2005

Tough Day

Hill repeats today. I hate hill repeats. Up and down, up and down, heart rate through the roof, sun beating down, sweat stinging the eyes, up and down, up and down.

But, let's be serious here. I only weigh 155 at most. If I don't become a decent climber, my prospects in bike racing are pretty slim indeed. So I do hill repeats. And I hate them.

UPDATE: I decided not to ride after all. I did a three-and-a-half hour endurance ride yesterday that must have been a little too much in hindsight---my legs are dead and I have no motivation to ride at all today. It's still very hot outside, even in the evening, and there's no real need for me to push myself to the breaking point at this stage of the season. I'll take today off and focus on my climbing drills tomorrow. Two hours should do it. In situations like this I always fear that I'm getting lazy, but in reality I'm just being cautious when my body just doesn't feel right. It could be the difference between good form and total burnout.