Saturday, May 06, 2006

Back To Hoosierville

Today the team is headed up to Indianapolis for another round of the Indiana Race Series, a crit just northwest of the city. Though I'm not looking for any kind of result (my big goals of the season have yet to come), I will be doing my best to defend our team captain, who is currently tied for the lead in series points. As long as he is able to finish in the top 5-10 consistently, he should be able to win it all (we hope).

After the race we head back home for the real race on everyone's mind here in Louisville---The Kentucky Derby. I've lived here all my life---with the exception of four years away at college---and I've never once been to the Derby. Like all good Louisvillians, I'll just avoid all the crowds and have a cook-out at a friend's house.

Get the soy patties and the tempeh strips, it's grillin' time!